The Boston Mountain Solid Waste District supports integrated solid waste management using a hierarchy of waste solutions:
Scope of Work
Tire Department Relocation
The Boston Mountain Solid Waste District Tire Department (District) is wanting to expand, move, and construct various facilities to better serve the growing program. All work will be performed at the District’s current location in Prairie Grove. Work to be performed includes clearing wooded area west of tire department, construct new dock, new canopy over dock, relocating buildings, electrical service, plumbing, and ground work. Specific details of project are listed below:
- Clear and prepare area approximately 200’ x 340’
- Compact soil and gravel area to withstand high weight, heavy traffic usage
- Widen end of existing back drive to accommodate semi traffic
- Dock is to be 75’ long by 16’ wide by 47.5” high concrete capable of holding 15,000 lbs. of weight and subject to high traffic. Will need to have the surface prepared to prevent slips and falls on decking, this can be concrete specialty surfacing, etc. to be agreed upon with District.
- Metal canopy to cover dock with a 10’ overhang on each side
- Electrical service to include outlets and mounted dock fan/lights at 10 trailer docking locations. Dock and canopy to be grounded.
- Dock bumpers and manual dock leveler plates at all 10 trailer locations
- 9’ wide by 30’ long concrete ramp pad to support steel loading ramp to be attached to dock. Loading ramp is already owned by District.
- 100’ long by 4’ wide concrete pad for dolly legs
- 125’ long by 4’ wide concrete pad for dolly legs
- Both able to handle weight of loaded dry van trailers up to 40,000 lbs.
- Concrete pad 10’ by 20’ sufficient to support office building currently onsite
- Concrete pad 17’ by 24’ sufficient to support tool building currently onsite
- Electrical service to both buildings to match current needs
Acceptable Bidder must:
- Comply with all State and Federal laws pertaining to project
- Provide a construction bond for the appropriate amount
- Provide a certificate of liability
- An estimated start time for the project
- An estimated length of project
Optional Work: Pricing to install a restroom in the tire department office. Restroom is not for public use. One toilet and sink, along with appropriate plumbing for facility. This is to be priced separately from other work.
To tour the area or questions please contact Sandra Smith 479 846 3005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sealed bids are due by 4:00 pm, Wednesday, September 27, 2017.
Bids are to addressed to:
Waste Tire Bids
c/o Boston Mountain Solid Waste District
11398 Bond Road
Prairie Grove, AR 72753
Boston Mountain reserves the right to refuse any and all bids.
For a printable version click here: Scope of Work