Accepting Resumes for Environmental Educator
The Boston Mountain Solid Waste District is currently accepting resumes for the position of Environmental Educator. The Environmental Educator is responsible for education and outreach to citizens in the Boston Mountain Solid Waste District (District) region. The focus of this work is recycling and resource conservation.
Outreach efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and conducting hands-on educational programs in schools
- Writing monthly e-newsletters
- Creating flyers and displays
- Speaking at public events and meetings
- Coordinating with the school districts to maintain recycling and waste reduction programs
- Providing technical support to schools and communities for recycling and waste reduction activities
- Providing teacher professional development opportunities which incorporate resource conservation
- Develop and implement community based social marketing techniques to affect behavior change and increase participation in area recycling programs
- Develop and foster community partnerships with businesses and non-profits to increase participation in reuse programs
The position is full-time and is based out of the District office in Prairie Grove.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance at work and the ability to get along with the public, supervisors and co-workers are essential elements of this position.
A degree from a four year college or university in environmental education, environmental science, public education, marketing, or related field and two years experience working in related public outreach program is preferred.
Applicants may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org